Answered

Error in method presentMessageComposer using React Native

• 10 May 2023
  • 3 replies

When I run this method the Intercom screen
is called normally and with the text I define.

After opening the chat and sending the predefined message the bot goes into action with the messages to give us more context about the chat.

After the second interaction, the chat returns with the same message as before.

In theory, this behavior is wrong, it should only bring the text to the first interaction

Attention to the input!

icon

Best answer by cameron.gumley 12 May 2023, 14:32

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Marcos 👋 -- Cam from the Intercom Support team here.

What React-Native Wrapper is your App currently running when you see this issue? Our Product Engineering team have just released an updated React-Native wrapper version - v5.0.0 - where I know they’ve fixed and patched a number of issues. If you haven’t done so already I’d highly recommend updating to this most up-to-date wrapper version to see if that helps fix this. 

If the issue persists after update then let us know 👍

Hi Marcos 👋 -- Cam from the Intercom Support team here.

What React-Native Wrapper is your App currently running when you see this issue? Our Product Engineering team have just released an updated React-Native wrapper version - v5.0.0 - where I know they’ve fixed and patched a number of issues. If you haven’t done so already I’d highly recommend updating to this most up-to-date wrapper version to see if that helps fix this. 

If the issue persists after update then let us know 👍

I tested this behavior in version 4.0.1 and 5.0.0.

And in both this error occurs

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Marcos Paulo Sarges Rolim I can see you’ve been chatting with our teammate Brian who has opened up an issue for the engineer team to dive further into. You’re in good hands!