Skip to main content
Answered

How can I create abandoned cart serie?

• 31 May 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi there!

I have an event that identifies a user who is in checkout page, and I have another event that is triggered when a user makes a purchase. With those events, how can I make a serie related to abandoned checkout?

I want to send an email to users who saw the checkout but did not purchase.

2 replies

Hey Facundo, great question! 😀

You'll want to set up a series with entry rules that capture when a user is on the checkout page and another set of rules for when a user completes a purchase. The series should allow users to enter more than once, ensuring that if a user abandons the checkout process but returns and completes a purchase later, they can still be accounted for in the series.

You'll need to create an exit rule within the series that identifies when a user has made a purchase, which would signify that they have not abandoned the checkout. This exit rule will remove users from the abandoned checkout series once they complete a purchase, ensuring that the series is targeting only those who have not completed the checkout process.

To summarize, your series will look something like this:

1. Entry rule: User lands on the checkout page.
  2. Continuation rule: User does not complete a purchase within a certain timeframe.
  3. Exit rule: User completes a purchase.

This setup will help you track and engage with users who have abandoned their checkout, potentially allowing you to send them reminders or offers to encourage them to complete their purchase. Remember to adjust the timing of the continuation rule based on your specific needs and the typical behavior of your users. Additionally, ensure that the series is set up to tag users who abandon the checkout so that you can easily identify them for follow-up actions or analysis. 

More information can be found in this help article. Let me know what other questions you have for me after reviewing this 📖.

Hi Shaq! Thanks for your response. I have a doubt, how can I create a continuation rule that match users who does not complete purchase? 

It isn´t possible to do that. Can you show with a screenshot?

Best,

Facundo