Answered

How do I schedule rules for a welcome email?

• 31 March 2023
  • 2 replies

I am new to Intercom and am having difficulty scheduling emails to be sent to new clients. I wish to send an email to a customer after they have logged into our site for the first time. 

The email is currently sat as a draft in Outbound > Messages. The below shows the default rules/frequency and scheduling, but I don’t know what to change it to. 

I would also need the email frequency to be rolling, so that the email would send automatically to any future new sign ups. 

Any suggestions or assistance would be great.

icon

Best answer by Milan 2 April 2023, 02:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Is there a special URL that a new customer is sent to? Something like www.app.example.com/?registration=success
If so, you could use that as a rule. If not, you might want to track the signup and use that as a trigger for the email.
The dynamic audience is what makes sure new customers also receive the email. No need to change the frequency.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Fran Bille if this is Welcome email for every newly registered user I would just use “Singed up exactly 0 days ago” and remove everything else. 

As @Kevin Bendixen said, no need to change frequency, if the rule is dynamic (triggers the email whenever someone matches the rules) it will be sent to each new user who registers.