Answered

How to see News feed?

• 26 May 2023
  • 3 replies

I’ve created a newsfeed, created a news item in that newsfeed and set it live. I made sure I am part of the newsfeed as a user. But when I go to my site, I don’t see the newsfeed anywhere.

Would love a video tutorial!

icon

Best answer by Jennifer K 30 May 2023, 13:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Anita H 

Jennifer here from Intercom 

On the News section, you will first need to set the appropriate news items live.

Then, on the Newsfeed setting, you will need to switch on the News feature as shown below for it to appear on the Messenger homepage:

Screenshot+2023-02-16+at+08.19.08.png?expires=1685446750&signature=b7db4637dbacbe53d63db5a9723ef9a641a06e753ed1f0d7b5bc3e5b8d2315ac&resize=774x

Here's a link you our help article which runs through the Newsfeed setup in detail:

https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/6362267-getting-started-with-news?location=conversation

Hope this helps 😀

Hey @Jennifer K, the article you linked states the following:

You don’t need to turn on the News Center if you only want your News to display in the Messenger.

How do I get the news story to appear in Messenger (in a dedicated tab) without turning on the News Center (which has the downside of being publicly accessible)?

Userlevel 3
Badge +3

Hey @David Pardo, Bernice here from the Support Engineering team at Intercom🔧

Once you turn on the News space in the Messenger, this will then appear for visitors/leads/users (depending on your audience settings).

You can find the settings for your dedicated News Center site here, which you do not need to have turned on in order to have the feature in your Messenger, as my teammate Jennifer described above.

Hope this helps!