Answered

Moving workflows between workspaces

• 26 July 2023
  • 3 replies

Is there an easy way to duplicate/move a workflow between workspaces (test <->prod)?

icon

Best answer by Shauna 28 July 2023, 14:58

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Nir Farkas 👋🏼 Shauna here from Support! 

Currently there is no way to ‘duplicate’/’migrate’ a workflow from 1 workspace to another. Workflows would require manual re-creation in any workspace you want it set up in.

I can flag this as a feature request with the Product team for you 🚀 Please share any feedback on your use case here and I will pass it along - it’s super beneficial for the team to understand why this feature would be of use! 

Userlevel 1
Badge

Would love this ability!!

We have two use-cases that would make this very beneficial in our workspace:

1. Ensuring the test environment works like Prod - folks in our workspace try stuff out in testing. They make changes, they add new workflows, they delete things (usually by mistake)… it would be very helpful to just hit the reset button in Test every once in a while to ensure we’ve got an environment that works like our production environment does. I get that you might not want to copy conversation data down, and that’s fine. But without the actual production workflows in place on the test environment, I can’t really have engineers testing problems they noticed with the workflows. Or getting a feel for what will actually happen in Prod if they’re training themselves.

2. Testing workflows before they go to Prod - hopefully I don’t have to explain this too much. We make workflow changes in Test to test them before going live. If those workflows aren’t deployable to Production, testing is only as reliable as someone copying the workflow over exactly. The time component of having to recreate the workflow is a bummer, but the major issue here is not being able to guarantee it is the same as you already tested.