Answered

Show a banner for a specific time after trigger

• 22 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi!
I want to show a banner for 24 hours using an API call. (Use case: inform customers about a specific event start and finish, for example, maintenance windows, and that even will happen frequently so we want to automate this process)
I created a banner manually and added a rule to trigger it on an event I can create through the API.

The problem is that I want to show the banner only for 24 hours and then, disable it.
I did not find any API call that allows me to do so and the stop sending date does not cover a delay from creation.

Is there any way to do this?
Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 27 November 2023, 00:18

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Marcos Singermann !

Basically, it sounds like you want to pause the Banner after 24-hours. Unfortunately, there isn’t a way to control Proactive Messages like Banners via the API.

The closest solution I can think of is to create a Rule for the Banner so it will only send to Users and Leads who have a certain Tag. You could then Tag all those Users via the API so they now qualify for the live Banner. After 24 hours has passed you could Un-Tag them. Since they would no longer qualify for the Banner, they would no longer see it. The one drawback is that this will only work for Leads and Users. You can’t tag Visitors, because they are anonymous. If this page is behind a log-in wall you should be all good, though! 🤞