Answered

Why my post is send only if my user exits its account & sign in again?

• 16 July 2021
  • 5 replies

Hello !

I want to send posts using filters. But I noticed that if I set the post live and then match the filter in the app, I never receive the post. I only receive it if I exit my app account and then sign in again. Do you know why the message isn't send unless i sign in again?

(just in case it helps understand the problem : i'm working on a mobile app and I used a "when" condition so that the post is send when the user load a specific screen)

icon

Best answer by Caroline M 20 July 2021, 15:17

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @caroline m​ 👋, Welcome to Interconnect.

Just to make sure that we are on the same page: You are sending post messages, defining page rules and it only shows up once you log out and log in again? is it correct?

In this way can you send some screenshots to check this out? Like which filters are you setting up? And one more question is it a one-page app?

Looking forward!

Hello @Roy, thanks for the welcome!

Yes exactly.

Here are the filters I used :

Filters 

Just to detail my testing process :

1) I set this post live

2) I opened an account on my mobile app that matches all conditions except "total_game_sessions greater than 0"

3) I played one game (so total_game_sessions now equals 1)

4) I received no post, even after waiting for 10 hours

5) I logged out and signed in again

6) I immediately received the post

If you have any idea of why it is not working as expected, it would be really helpful ! 😅

And no the app has more than one page.

But even when I exit the app or move to other pages of the app and then come back to the one called "TrainTab" (i can see in intercom, that I indeed loaded TrainTab page several times), the post isn't send. 😐

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hello @caroline m​ , Upon checking your issue, it seems you are sending this to the user only when Event - Screen loaded will be received by Intercom.

eventintercomI'm guessing that you are only sending this event during user Log-in, so please can you just launch the following post message without event tracking?

Looking forward.

Hello @roy s11​ 

Actually I understood why my post wasn't send.

For some reason if my device language is in French, I set my app language in English, and just let my app be without touching it, my app_language auto-switch to English. 😆 That's why when I thought I completed all conditions, app_language actually blocked the message to be send.

I retried and this time, made sure that my app_language = EN. It worked!

I don't yet understand why my app_language auto-switched but since it is a custom event, I'll have to look at it in details.

Anyway, thank you very much for your help 🙏