Answered

Browser Tab not showing the "Operator says..." behavior when receiving a new message for custom chat launcher

• 9 August 2023
  • 1 reply

I am using a custom chat launcher in my web application. I noticed that the default launcher provided by Intercom flashed the “Operator says...” in the browser tab whenever there is a new unread message. After switching over to the our custom chat launcher, that behavior does not occur anymore. Is this feature only available to work on the default launcher or is there a way to get it to work with the custom launcher.

For more context, I am using the Intercom('onUnreadCountChange') function to update the badging on my custom launcher.

Thanks

icon

Best answer by cameron.gumley 17 August 2023, 01:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi@Jonathan Lu ! Cam from the Intercom Support Engineering team here 👋

Got a few quick questions for you just to round-out my understanding of how you have things setup on your end: 

1. Have you setup the custom launcher inline with the guidance provided here?
  2. How are you handling/hiding the default launcher within the web app? Can you confirm that it’s simply being hidden using one of the methods outlined here?
  3. Is the “Intercom('onUnreadCountChange')” JS method correctly updating the badging of the custom launcher as expected? i.e. it’s incrementing the badge of the launcher (just not triggering anything within the browser tab).