Answered

Has Home space for mobile been removed?

• 20 February 2023
  • 4 replies

I've noticed that you cannot enable Home space in Messenger anymore for mobile platforms. It is only available for Web. Am I doing something wrong or has that feature been removed?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 23 February 2023, 22:32

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @tom a12​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

You aren't doing anything wrong! The home space isn't available on the Mobile SDK configurations but that is because the format of mobile is a bit different by default. You'll notice Messages actually live on the "home" space in mobile.

What I've noticed is that I do actually have some sort of 'Home' space on mobile for one Intercom account. And I'm able to add custom apps to it which is what we want. But under our other account for our client which is a higher tier, its not available. Is there something which would cause it not to show up? Using the same version of the SDK and React Native on both.

Account with Home Account without Home

Screenshot 2023-02-24 at 10.14.41 amPerhaps could be related to this. We are seeing conflicting messages that the SDK is both installed and not installed for Android.

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Ah, I see what you mean! You should be able to add apps to your home as well as set your welcome message on mobile (it's just home in the spaces section that is expected to be missing). I see you're already working with one of my teammates I'll drop them a note linking to our conversation here and see if we can dig deeper into this for you!