Answered

How do I set up my Product Tours so that they only show on web and not mobile?

• 24 November 2020
  • 3 replies

Is there a way to set a display condition for an app in the messenger to only display if the user is accessing the messenger from web (vs mobile app)?

In my specific scenario, I want to link to a few of our Product Tours in our messenger so people can easily find them. But since the Product Tours don't display on mobile, I only want these to be available in the messenger if the user is on web, but not if they are in mobile.

So I'd like to essentially add a display condition related to the current device they're using or something.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 24 November 2020, 11:08

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi @eileen​ , You should add display condition for that.

display conditionMore information can be found here - "Choosing the right apps to show your visitors and users".

Userlevel 1

Hey @eileen​ - further to Roy's point, how I've often advised customers to do this in the past is to pass a value for a custom attribute for when your customers are viewing your site from web, not mobile.

For example, you could use a boolean is_web attribute, passing a value of true when they're viewing you on a web browser, and use this as a trigger for your Product Tours.

Great suggestions - just what I needed - thank you!