Answered

Need Help with Adding Bottom and Side Space in Messenger

• 3 April 2024
  • 4 replies

Hi everyone,

I've been tinkering with the messenger settings, specifically trying to add some space at the bottom and sides, but I've hit a bit of a roadblock. I've tried fiddling with the code and exploring the Intercom web settings, but so far, no luck.

Interestingly, I've managed to switch the messenger's side from left to right and vice versa successfully, both through code and the web settings. However, adding space seems to be a bit trickier.

Just to give you a bit of context, I'm working with the react-use-intercom package.

Any insights or guidance on how to achieve this would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance for your help.

icon

Best answer by Larissa Alberti 3 April 2024, 16:18

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Fazal 👋

Larissa here from Intercom Support.

You can customize the side and bottom spacing by going to Messenger > Settings > Web > Styling 👇

I hope this helps!

Thanks @Larissa Alberti  for replying.  As I mentioned, adding space from the settings didn’t help.

I forgot to mention that in mobile view, only this issue persists.

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hey @Fazal,

Apologies for the misunderstanding.

When you edit the side and bottom spacing on the Messenger settings, this will be reflected only on computers and tablets. Currently, it's not possible to change the padding of the Messenger on mobile Web. You can switch it from the left side to the right side, but you can't raise it up or down. I'll flag this as a feature request for our product team to consider adding in the future.

If you want more control over the placement you can create your own custom launcher. This will allow you to create a button on your site that will pop open the Messenger when pressed. This article goes into the details around that.

Hope this helps!