Answered

[Bug] [iOS SDK] Keyboard disappearing after focusing the text field

Hello. I’ve found this report

, but didn’t find the answer, so I’ll write my own example.

We are faced with similar problem, after updating to version 17.0.1 from the version 14.0.7 (video in attachment). I can’t downgrade the library to the lowest version, due to we updated it to avoid another issues, which have been fixed in 17.x.  This issue is not reproducible on versions below 16.x.x. If you’ll have any additional question, please contact me.

icon

Best answer by Ebenezer.Laleye 12 June 2024, 18:27

View original

3 replies

Badge

Hey @Artem Chernousov The latest version of the Intercom iOS SDK is 17.1.1 

Would you be able to update to the latest version and see if the issue persists please? If you’re able to reproduce the issue can you give specific steps please? For example, does this happen in all text fields via the iOS app or just with this Survicate survey you have here? 

Hi @Joseph G11.

1. Yes, it’s still reproducible with iOS SDK 17.1.1
  2. Steps to reproduce: open chat, tap into the Survicate input, keyboard will appeared, and after second it will disappear. I’ve noticed that this only happen, when chat input (maybe any other input) is on the screen, if conversation finished and no other inputs on the screen issue isn’t reproducible.
  3. What I see in console repeatedly, while screen is opened: 

-[RTIInputSystemClient remoteTextInputSessionWithID:performInputOperation:]  perform input operation requires a valid sessionID. inputModality = Keyboard, inputOperation = <null selector>, customInfoType = UIEmojiSearchOperations

Changing the translatesAutoresizingMaskIntoConstraints property of a UICollectionReusableView that is managed by a UICollectionView is not supported, and will result in incorrect self-sizing. View: <ICMDayTimestampDividerReusableView: 0x11808a360; baseClass = UICollectionReusableView; frame = (0 0; 0 0); layer = <CALayer: 0x300c35c80>>

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi Artem! Ebenezer here from Engineering Support👋.

Thanks for the clarification!

I would advise that you write into us with this issue through the Messenger.

We’ll be able to investigate this more thoroughly