Fatal Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException

• 17 November 2023
  • 1 reply

I’m using Android SDK version 14.0.0 and I got this crash in intercom.

Fatal Exception: java.lang.IllegalStateException: ViewTreeLifecycleOwner not found from android.widget.FrameLayout{61dc520 V.E...... ......ID 0,0-1080,2180 #7f0a0389 app:id/intercom_overlay_root}
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.WindowRecomposer_androidKt.createLifecycleAwareWindowRecomposer(WindowRecomposer.android.kt:349)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.WindowRecomposer_androidKt.createLifecycleAwareWindowRecomposer$default(WindowRecomposer.android.kt:324)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.WindowRecomposerFactory$Companion$LifecycleAware$1.createRecomposer(WindowRecomposer.android.kt:168)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.WindowRecomposerPolicy.createAndInstallWindowRecomposer$ui_release(WindowRecomposer.android.kt:224)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.WindowRecomposer_androidKt.getWindowRecomposer(WindowRecomposer.android.kt:299)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.AbstractComposeView.resolveParentCompositionContext(ComposeView.android.kt:242)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.AbstractComposeView.ensureCompositionCreated(ComposeView.android.kt:249)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.AbstractComposeView.createComposition(ComposeView.android.kt:194)
       at androidx.compose.ui.platform.ComposeView.setContent(ComposeView.android.kt:420)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.m5.notification.InAppNotificationCardKt.addTicketHeaderToCompose(InAppNotificationCard.kt:55)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.overlay.ChatNotification.populateViewsWithData(ChatNotification.java:111)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.overlay.ChatNotification.display(ChatNotification.java:71)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.overlay.InAppNotificationPresenter.addNewNotifications(InAppNotificationPresenter.java:184)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.overlay.InAppNotificationPresenter.displayNotificationsAfterAttach(InAppNotificationPresenter.java:90)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.overlay.InAppNotificationPresenter$1.run(InAppNotificationPresenter.java:79)
       at io.intercom.android.sdk.utilities.ViewUtils$1.onGlobalLayout(ViewUtils.java:30)
       at android.view.ViewTreeObserver.dispatchOnGlobalLayout(ViewTreeObserver.java:1061)
       at android.view.ViewRootImpl.performTraversals(ViewRootImpl.java:3324)
       at android.view.ViewRootImpl.doTraversal(ViewRootImpl.java:2266)
       at android.view.ViewRootImpl$TraversalRunnable.run(ViewRootImpl.java:8846)
       at android.view.Choreographer$CallbackRecord.run(Choreographer.java:1470)
       at android.view.Choreographer.doCallbacks(Choreographer.java:1267)
       at android.view.Choreographer.doFrame(Choreographer.java:978)
       at android.view.Choreographer$FrameDisplayEventReceiver.run(Choreographer.java:1455)
       at android.os.Handler.handleCallback(Handler.java:938)
       at android.os.Handler.dispatchMessage(Handler.java:99)
       at android.os.Looper.loop(Looper.java:260)
       at android.app.ActivityThread.main(ActivityThread.java:8286)
       at java.lang.reflect.Method.invoke(Method.java)
       at com.android.internal.os.RuntimeInit$MethodAndArgsCaller.run(RuntimeInit.java:612)
       at com.android.internal.os.ZygoteInit.main(ZygoteInit.java:1006)

Jacob Cox 4 months ago

Hi @Aksh Shah !

I’m not sure if you’re still experiencing this issue, but if you are I would recommend updating your Android SDK. There was an issue around this error some time ago, but the team has put a fix in place.

For future reference, when you run into bugs like this, it’s always a good idea to update your SDK to the most recent version. That’s often the fastest way to get things working again. Our current Android SDK version is 15.5.1. that should get things working for you!

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Aksh Shah !

I’m not sure if you’re still experiencing this issue, but if you are I would recommend updating your Android SDK. There was an issue around this error some time ago, but the team has put a fix in place.

For future reference, when you run into bugs like this, it’s always a good idea to update your SDK to the most recent version. That’s often the fastest way to get things working again. Our current Android SDK version is 15.5.1. that should get things working for you!