Answered

Incorrect Accompanist version in Intercom 15.0.0 (Android)

• 9 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi!
I was using gradle :dependencies to find out the Compose version Intercom 1.5.0 is using and noticed that it depends on several Accompanist libraries v0.28.0, for example:
com.google.accompanist:accompanist-flowlayout:0.28.0
com.google.accompanist:accompanist-systemuicontroller:0.28.0
com.google.accompanist:accompanist-pager:0.28.0

According to the Accompanist docs, for Compose 1.4.x Accompanist v0.30.1 should be used as different versions might cause unexpected behaviour or crashes. An example of this was raised in this issue where the crash was caused by differences between Compose 1.3.x and 1.4.x

As a sidenote, could you please include the compose version Intercom is using in the release notes or docs?

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 16 May 2023, 00:49

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Roman Kamyshnikov !

Thanks for sending that our way. I’ll open up a ticket with our Engineering team around this and see what they have to say. I’ll give an update hear when I have a more detailed plan of attack from them!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi again @Roman Kamyshnikov 👋

I heard back from our product team and they confirmed that they will be bumping up that version of Accompanist that is currently getting used in the next release of the Android SDK.

If you want to see all of the dependencies that are used in the Android SDK, you can see them here!