Skip to main content
Answered

Issue with Persistent Intercom Popup after send event and open popup and exit it on Android SDK (version 15.9.1)

• 16 July 2024
  • 1 reply

Hi,

We are currently experiencing an issue with the Intercom Android SDK (version 15.9.1) in our application while developing a new feature with event.

When a user clicks on the refill button, we send an event to Intercom as per your documentation:
 https://developers.intercom.com/installing-intercom/android/using-intercom#submit-an-event.
As a result, a small popup window appears at the bottom of the screen.

However, this popup window does not disappear automatically after the user reads the message and returns to the previous screen. Instead, it remains persistent until the app is killed and reopened.

This behavior differs from the iOS SDK, where the popup window disappears automatically once the message is read, and the user returns to the previous screen.

The user can manually remove the popup by sliding it. Is the persistent popup designed to be removed only manually by the user, or is there a way to make it disappear automatically after the message is read?

We have implemented the feature to disable the refill button for one minute after it is clicked and send an event to Intercom. While the feature itself works as expected, the persistent popup issue on Android is causing user experience inconsistencies.

Here is a video recording demonstrating the behavior on Android and IOS apps:
- Android: intercom_popup_event_our_android_app
- IOS: intercom_poup_event_our_ios_app

If you need more details about the iOS behavior, we can provide additional information. On iOS, after opening and closing the popup window, it disappears automatically without any additional action from our side.

Could you please advise if there is a way to resolve this issue on Android, or if this behavior needs to be addressed in a future SDK update?

Thank you for your assistance.

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hi there @yd-thera 👋 I see you got in contact with the team via the Messenger - my teammate, Erik, will be in touch with updates from the Product team on this issue. Myself and the team will keep an eye for updates to also post them here.