Answered

Missing required reason for accessing file timestamp in iOS SDK privacy manifest?

• 9 April 2024
  • 2 replies

When submitting our app to App Store Connect I am still receiving some warnings about missing required reasons. Using the binary-based scanner script located here I am seeing the following:

Used symbols in binary ./Debug.app/Frameworks/Intercom.framework/Intercom: NSFileCreationDate, NSFileModificationDate, NSFileSystemFreeSize, NSFileSystemSize, NSURLContentModificationDateKey, NSURLCreationDateKey, NSUserDefaults, stat

Looking at the Intercom PrivacyInfo.xcprivacy as of version 17.0.0 I see entries for UserDefaults and SystemBootTime, but not FileTimestamp even though the script shows there are references within the framework to NSFileCreationDate, NSFileModificationDate, NSURLContentModificationDateKey, NSURLCreationDateKey and stat.

Is this something you are aware of? Do you intend to add the appropriate reason to your privacy manifest?

Thanks!

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 21 April 2024, 22:37

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Hallow Developers 👋 Given the nature of this query and that we’ll likely need some further details here, I’m going to pass this over to the team as a Conversation to take further action on this issue for you. You’ll get a response from us via the Messenger in your workspace 💬

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Hallow Developers!

Just a heads up that it looks like the issue around this Privacy manifest was fixed in version 17.0.2 of the iOS SDK!