Answered

Trigger a workflow when a page is viewed

• 11 October 2023
  • 3 replies

I’m trying to find documentation on how to trigger a workflow from within the mobile app, more specifically when a specific page in my application is viewed. I see lots of information on how to build the flows, but I can’t seem to find any documentation on how to update my application to enable this.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 15 October 2023, 18:33

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Nava Support !

Since mobile apps don’t use URLs, you would need to trigger an Event on the User when they viewed that particular screen of your app. Then you would want to make sure you use the ‘Customer visits a page’ Workflow and that the channel is targeted to your Mobile app. You’ll also need to make sure that the ‘When to send’ option is triggered by that Event. You can read more about Event triggered messages in this article!

Thanks @Jacob Cox !

I have a follow up question. I was able to trigger a workflow from my mobile application that shows in the form of a popup message to the user. This requires the user to click on that message to interact with the rest of the workflow. Is it possible to trigger a workflow which shows the message within the Intercom messenger, not within a popup? For example: I have a button in my mobile app. When the user taps that button, I would like to show the messenger with a workflow. Is that possible? If so, can you point me in the right direction? Thanks!

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi there @Nava Support !

Sorry for the delayed response! It looks like your follow-up got buried in the forum.

It’s currently not possible to dictate that a specific Workflow displays in the Messenger with the click of a Button. You can pop open the Messenger to a specific space in Intercom Messenger (i.e. Home, Messages, etc), though! You can read about that here.