Answered

Your app will be rejected from the AppStore unless you add NSCameraUsageDescription and NSMicrophoneUsageDescription to your Info.plist

• 17 January 2024
  • 4 replies

We’re seeing the following log when running our iOS app:

Your app will be rejected from the AppStore unless you add NSCameraUsageDescription and NSMicrophoneUsageDescription to your Info.plist. More information is available here: https://developers.intercom.com/installing-intercom/ios/installation/#step-2---update-info.plist

The linked doc has no mention of these two usage descriptions. Are these still required?

icon

Best answer by aykut.aydin 22 January 2024, 02:01

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Joseph Van Der Wee,

This is mentioned in this part of the doc.

Looks like it is not needed to add them if your app only support iOS 14+, however, the entries are required if your app supports the older versions of iOS.

Hope this clarifies your question.

Hey @aykut.aydin , there’s no mention of NSCameraUsageDescription nor NSMicrophoneUsageDescription in that doc as far as I can see.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Joseph Van Der Wee 

Thanks for getting back. Sorry, it was my bad!

It seems like these 2 (NSCameraUsageDescription and NSMicrophoneUsageDescription) are required with the Camera input feature which was added recently, which you can see here. I will ask our team to add this information to the doc. I will also confirm with them whether there is any version exception like we have with NSPhotoLibraryUsageDescription.

Once I hear back, I will post it here.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hey @Joseph Van Der Wee,

This information has been added to our docs, and you can view it here. These two entries will need to be added regardless of which IOS versions your app supports.