Answered

Adding bigger pictures to product tours?

I would love to know how I can add bigger pictures to product tours without the boxes becoming scrolling ones. With any picture + a only few lines of text, the size of messages quickly becomes too 'big' for the message box leading them to become scrolling. I've read the guide below so I understand there are limits to how big a message can be before they become scrolling - but just now I've also seen a tour on another app where the image seems to be quite a bit larger than what's described in the guide. How did they do that? Am I missing something?

The guide I've read; https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/3095688-best-practices-for-using-intercom-s-product-tours

The image size I want to have as well (which seems bigger than described in the guide):

The image that seems bigger than described in the guide

icon

Best answer by Aparna 12 May 2022, 18:21

View original

2 replies

Hey @kaspar​ ! We support the image size as mentioned in the article you shared. So to keep all the content visible without scrolling, the image and text should not exceed 500px. For example, if you have 3 lines of text, the ideal image height is 408px. If the image size is bigger than the recommended size it will be scrollable.

Your question with regard to the other website where they have a large image size, honestly I have no insight. But just want to let you know that anything beyond the suggested limit might not work as expected. If you could share the link to the other app maybe we can take a closer look.

I found the answer already! Here it is;

So the image you've linked *is* a product tour, but the step type is "Post" rather than "Pointer". The height restriction only applies to pointer step types, as larger images can break the way the pointers work. If you're using the "Post" type step you should be able to insert large images without an issue.

Do note though that in the tour builder itself the post might require scrolling but if you preview the tour (or view it live) it should show the whole image + text without needing scrolling. -> That was what confused me 😉