Answered

I cannot set a product tour live. It stays in "Draft" and I cannot click "Set live". It tells me "Finish your tour before setting it live" Trying for hours now.

• 21 February 2023
  • 5 replies

I cannot set a product tour live. It stays in "Draft" and I cannot click "Set live". It tells me "Finish your tour before setting it live"

Trying for hours now.
icon

Best answer by Brent 23 February 2023, 01:57

View original

5 replies

Badge +4

Hey @user1426​ 

I get this from time to time and it's usually one of the settings below the tour that isn't quite right. Check through the "Show your tour Automatically", "Use the tour everywhere" and "Frequency and Scheduling" settings. If still not working is your preview running correctly?

Same issue. Even tried creating new Product Tour from scratch. Followed the guide article. Still says "Finish your tour before setting it live" no matter what other options I change. Seems broken.

@Tim Badolato I tried to turn off the “Show your tour automatically” and “user your tour everywhere” then it works

Yeah, support fixed it for me. Here’s the message they sent me:
In regards to the Product tour, the issue was this Signed up trigger rule which was incomplete. This trigger section is not the most intuitive and I've seen other folks add this rule when they want to target new users signing up. You actually don't even need to set up a rule for that condition as it's implied that we'll try to match the user when they first login and land on the specified page URL. I went ahead and removed that Signed up trigger and the Set Live button is no longer grayed out. It's ready for you to set it live. 👍

@Tim Badolato thank you so much 🫶🏻