Answered

Is there a way to darken the background of the product tours? Our entire product design is in dark mode, so bright white product tour posts are a bit jarring.

• 16 March 2021
  • 4 replies

Is there a way to darken the background of the product tours? Our entire product design is in dark mode, so bright white product tour posts are a bit jarring.
icon

Best answer by Milan 16 March 2021, 23:19

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Not at this moment, but in some other thread (https://forum.intercom.com/s/question/0D52G00004r2mEkSAI/whats-the-vision-for-product-tours Intercom guys said they are working on many Product Tours improvements and I hope this is one of them as I really emphasized the need for that 🙂

ย 

hmmm. thx. no hacks, either?

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

You can try impacting CSS - I've seen it work on other Intercom elements (messenger) but this is not a recommender thing and definitely something that might not work 100% due to cross-domain (your page is on your domain but messenger/product tours are loaded in iframe that is under Intercom domain).

ย 

Actually, I'm about to test the CSS changes that should reposition and resize the chat widget, similarly, it might work with Product Tour balloons but lest see if anyone on the Intercom side can confirm this is even possible... @eric f11โ€‹ย can maybe help us here and ask around.

Userlevel 1

Hey @user382โ€‹, thanks for tagging me in here. There's currently no way to change the background colour of a pointer step in a Product Tour. I wouldn't recommend trying to get hacky with the CSS, either, as this will likely result in some unexpected behaviour. As you mentioned, @user892โ€‹'s best course of action here is to submit this feedback in the @Product Wishlistโ€‹ย group!