Answered

Does "Time to last close (seconds)" include time a conversation was snoozed?

• 11 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Is "Time to last close (seconds)" in the export report the total time from first open to last closed, not including any time it was snoozed? Is there a way to get just the total time the conversation was actively being worked not snoozed?

Our Median time to close has increased and I have been diving into the conversations and reporting and don't see anything that has significantly changed that would be driving that number.

icon

Best answer by Eric Fitz 15 February 2021, 12:32

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there @jasmyn​, there's currently no way to exclude time snoozed from a report. If you think about it, the customer experience is still that they're waiting for their conversation to be closed and resolved - they don't see that it's been snoozed on their end! That's why we calculate it as part of the total time to close.

Is your theory that the time snoozed is driving your median time to close?

@eric f11​ Did that logic change in the Intercom report? I have been talking to my peers and we remember that way back when (a couple years ago) we read that the time it was snoozed was not included. We looked back at our TTC back then and it was pretty low for as much as we were snoozing and waiting to reply to customers.

So yes my theory is that my time snoozed is driving my median time to close and spot checking some conversations it seems to be the case.

The problem with including snoozed time, is that we can't see how much time we are spending on a chat. I want to be able to see expended resources per chat, per topic, etc. So snoozing should push it out of that reporting.

I agree that when snoozed it should be removed and thought that few years ago that was actually the case.

I absolutely agree with this. It sometimes happens that clients don't get back to us for a day with information we require to help them. This should not negatively reflect on the support team, thus we would also want to exclude the time a chat has been snoozed.