Question

Having trouble reporting on tags

• 14 December 2022
  • 1 reply

When I go in and try to pull reports by tags it is not returning any tickets even though these tickets have user tags added in when I close the ticket. Any idea what I am doing wrong here?

Thank you,

Dave

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @dave c​ Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

A couple things you can check here, firstly make sure you are tagging the correct data that you are looking for. It sounds like you are pulling up conversation tag report, but you mentioned user tags. If you are pulling up the Conversation Tag report make sure you are filtering for conversation tags not user tags, and vice versa.

Additionally, conversation Tag reports are updated with a time-delay between 24 - 36 hours. This means when you apply a tag (user, company, conversation, etc.), it could take up to 36 hours for this to be processed in the Conversation Tag report, which may explain why the data appears incorrect.

This delay is due to system design, as applying a tag often means a significant amount of updates in the backend, as tags impact a wide variety of features in Intercom, from targeting for outbound messages, to filtering conversations and so on. Our product team is aware that this is a significant delay and is working on a solution, but it will take a while to implement and it won’t happen in the near future.