Skip to main content

Hey there,
It appears that for, Google Ads only where we have auto-tagging, our utm_source/campaing & medium are not being filled resulting in null values being very high for conversion source. My theory is that this is because it is hashed into the GCLID.

How can we ensure that the correct source and campaigns are being sent to Intercom? 

Thanks!
Sam

Hi @Sam Meyers , It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

You can start by ensuring that you’ve installed Intercom and Google analytics correctly on your website.

Just to be sure we're on the same page, could you take a look at the article below in case you haven't seen it already?
https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/908965-track-conversions-and-clicks-with-utm-parameters

If you done everything right and it is still not working correctly, please reach out to us via Messenger in you workspace for additional help and thorough investigation.

Hey @mateusz.leszkiewicz ,

Almost, my question is more about if it is possible to extract the campaign and ad group from a GCLID id. We use auto-tagging in Google Ads. 

For our overall reporting, we have a visibility of all platforms except for Google Ads through Intercom. In order to not create duplicates I cannot add utms to the auto-tagged campaigns. Have you come across this before and how did you resolve this issue? 

Thanks 
Sam