Skip to main content
Answered

Trigger a workflow for a specific conversation using API

• 23 July 2024
  • 5 replies

Hello, 
I am trying to display reply button on conversation when an external event occurs.
I am not able to find a workaround or adopt an existing trigger that will be able to target a specific conversation (multiple conversation can be opened with the same user at the same time)

my business cases is to trigger a workflow when an API call triggered. The closest solution ‘How to open workflow whit api service utilizes events that are not conversation specific.

Is there an alternative? 

5 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

Hi Vsevolod Tsurikov, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

Have you tried to set up a workflow with a trigger to send any message and then add a rule (or branch) to filter out specific key words in the message? 

@mateusz.leszkiewicz Thank you for the suggestion. Unfortunately it doesn’t work.
I am not able to select the ‘reply buttons’ element when using the trigger. 
When linking a reusable workflow the error is given that the workflow is not a background onw.

Update: Received a comment from Eric Klank over the email:

...The alternative I see here is playing with the conversation/ticket state in Intercom.

The customer creates a bot workflow that triggers when the conversation/ticket state changes. From SF, they will need to call the Intercom API to change the state of the conversation/ticket. This way the bot workflow will appear within the conversation

I am going to experiment with elements that we are not using

I was able to achieve the requirement using combination of triggers:
1) “Teammate sends any message” allows you to conditionally tag the conversation, but not show a reply button.
2) “Customer has been unresponsive” trigger with a path that checks if the conversation was tagged by the previous trigger and show the buttons.
! Don’t forget to remove the tag when an action is performed.

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I am glad that you’ve figured that out.