Skip to main content

Hi there! I’ve been debugging an issue with our React Native app’s implementation of the `loginUnidentifiedUser` + `loginUserWithUserAttributes` combo, and noticed that while the Android module has a few descriptive cases before being handled by `IntercomError.getErrorMessage()`, the iOS module simply throws a generic error for all failures.

Is there a reason why actual request errors aren’t being bubbled up through these methods? For example, if the login failed due to the Identity Verification check, I feel like it would be reasonable to include that and the related code in the failure callback.

Thanks!

Hey @amelagrano 👋 Jacques here from support engineering!

Thanks for providing these valuable insights! I think your best bet here would be reaching out to our support team here to provide some context on your issue in improving the error handling on iOS to match the detail provided by Android. This could allow for clearer error messages related to specific failures such as identity verification issues in our SDKs.

Also, you can check if this feature has been recorded on our Product Wishlist in our Community? You can search and upvote existing requests or create new requests 🙌 Check out the quick guide on how the Product Wishlist works here. Note that you must be logged into the Intercom Community to access the Wishlist.