Answered

Exporting Conversation History via API (over 25K conversations)

• 8 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hello,

We are switching workspaces in Intercom and we want to keep all the conversation data from the old space.

The data has been pulled from the API in JSON format.

How can we use this data so it is kept in a way that is organised and searchable by keywords?

Does anyone have experience with this process?

All the help and guidance will be highly appreciated. 

Thanks. 

icon

Best answer by Racheal 12 September 2023, 02:45

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @dilara.murathanoglu Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

I’m afraid there is not a way to import conversation data at this time. Technically, you could use the API to re-create conversations from one workspace to another, but when you do that those messages go out to your end Users as well (which I'm sure you'd rather not have happen)! I'm going to flag this as a Feature Request for our team, definitely understand it would be great to be able to have a way of transferring that data over without it getting sent out.

Hey @Racheal , thanks for your response and flagging this as a feature request.

My question is more of a general one, to understand how we can achieve the same goal on our end in the current circumstances, for example keeping everything in a private Google Drive folder in an organised manner.

I’m trying to understand which format we can transform the JSON formatted data so that all the conversation history can be easily accessible, we can use keywords to search and find a specific conversation and so on.

Any suggestions will be highly appreciated.

Thanks in advance.