Answered

How can I block specific users from being counted towards my MAU/ Blacklist domains

• 22 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

We create a lot of test accounts to test things in our app that have absolutely nothing to do with Intercom. However, every single one of these test accounts counts towards our MAU in Intercom. Has anyone created a custom code or other workaround to block these users from showing up at all? I previously asked support if there was anything and they said I would have to build this myself. We have a test environment, but these test accounts occur on our production environment as well. 

Honestly, it is very upsetting since I know competitors allow you to blacklist certain domains within your settings so none of your data is disrupted by your internal tests. 

icon

Best answer by Eden 24 August 2023, 23:29

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge

Hi @Corrie Hermans-Webster 👋 Eden from the support engineer team here.

You mentioned above that you have “a lot of test accounts”-- I would recommend to consolidate these test accounts so that there are only a couple that your team tests with, which should lower your MAU count. If you have a specific use case around why you need so many test accounts, feel free to let us know so we can pass this feedback along to the team. 👍

Userlevel 1
Badge

That doesn’t work for our use case due to the way the app is built. Almost every other tool has a way for you to exclude certain IP addresses or domains from data. 

Agree, @Corrie Hermans-Webster !