Skip to main content

Hey everyone - 

Excited to get rolling with Intercom. We’ve chosen this platform over others specifically because the API access it offers to allow us to show custom attributes - like Estimated Shipping Date. Gorgias and others can’t do this yet (apparently).

The use case is simple. A customer hits the chat and asks “What Is My Estimated Shipping Date”, we respond asking for an Order Number. We use this order number to search the Shopify API, pull back the order details, which includes a custom metafield called estimated_ship_date. We then show that data to the customer. 

I’m sure I can do all this with numerous actions. But it seems to me that using the out of the box Order Search as a starting point would be best. I can then access the order.id and do 1 very specific call to pull back metaafields. 

My question at this point is … can we use the Order Status feature as a starting point for an automated workflow? If not … does my workflow above make the most sense?

Thanks!

kane

Hey @Kane Cochran! Delighted to have you onboard 😄

Custom Actions are going to fit your use case perfectly here ✨ This article on using Custom Actions in Automation covers exactly what you’re hoping to do here! I’ll leave some others here for you, too:

Custom Actions & Objects articles

Setting up a Custom Action