Skip to main content

Does anyone know what is needed on the Salesforce side of the house to ensure the fields are synced to Intercom? I have a new Case Field in Salesforce that I want to map a field in Intercom to, but when I go to the Salesforce integration Settings, the field is not available in the list of fields. Is there something I need to do on the Salesforce side of the operation to ensure itโ€™s visible for Intercom to read?

Hey @Aly Grindallย ๐Ÿ‘‹ย 

To ensure that a new Case Field in Salesforce is visible for mapping in Intercom, you need to set the field to visible in Salesforce. Here's how you can do this:

• Navigate to Setup > Customize > Activities > Task fields in Salesforce.

• Click on the field you want to map.

• Set the Field-Level Security for the field to "visible".

If the field is already visible, try toggling it to hidden, save the changes, and then set it back to visible to refresh the settings.

After making the field visible in Salesforce, you need to add it to the case-creator in Intercom:

• Go to the Intercom App Store and navigate to Salesforce > Settings > Set up Cases.

• Click on the "Add Fields" button to add the required fields.

If you do not see the "Add Fields" button, it may be due to your Salesforce permissions. In this case, you should consult with your IT team or whoever manages your Salesforce account to ensure you have the necessary permissions.