Skip to main content
Answered

Is it possible to use Intercom's Hubspot app and Hubspot's app integration with Intercom in tandem?

• 23 July 2024
  • 2 replies

My company recently switched over to Intercom and we made the decision to utilize the Data Sync by Hubspot app so we could pipe user / company data back and forth between Intercom and Hubspot. However, what I failed to realize is that we aren’t able to sync conversations and tickets in Intercom into Hubspot activities. I see that this is possible with Intercom’s Hubspot app integration. I’m wondering if it’s possible to utilize both apps in tandem, however, my main hesitation is that I see the potential to have user data duplicated. Or if a user already exists in Hubspot, do the conversations auto-sync to that contact? Any guidance on this is much appreciated.

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @khp -- Cam form the Intercom Support team here!

Great question 👍 It is technically possible to have the both the Data Sync by Hubspot App and the Intercom built Hubspot App/integration running at the same time - neither the Intercom nor the Hubspot sides will throw any errors or prevent this from happening - HOWEVER your hesitation to do this is entirely correct…running both will generally result in the creation of duplicate User data and/or cause various (and confusing in my experience) errors in the different systems as data sets clash. These apps have not been built to run in tandem or accommodate for with each other. 

I would 100% recommend only running 1 of these 2 apps at any time.

If you’re wanting to stick with using the Data Sync by Hubspot App, but you’re just needing that one key additional feature of getting Intercom convo data to sync to their respective contact profiles in Hubspot, perhaps a third-party service like Zapier could help with this - I believe they have a “zap” that might be of use here

Hope that helps at least answer things for you. Let me know if you have any follow-up questions 😁

<h1>yes</h1>