Answered

Sending transactional emails using triggers from Stripe

• 4 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Hi,

I want to set up automation where I'll be sending emails to my clients thanking them for purchasing a subscription. I sell the subscription using Stripe. I've connected Stripe with Intercom. I want the trigger for sending the email to be the purchase of the subscription by a new client. I'm setting this up using the 'series' option in Intercom, but I'm having trouble choosing the trigger. On the list, I have the option 'Created subscription', but I'm not sure if this pertains to Stripe as there's no information indicating it's a Stripe trigger. Additionally, I have 'Stripe subscription period start at', but choosing this I'm not sure if the email will be sent immediately after the subscription purchase.

I'd also like different emails to be sent depending on the type of purchased subscription. With the 'Created subscription' option, I have the ability to define the subscription name, in my case, for example, 'Starter - social media' (I sent an example in the screenshot). But I'm uncertain if it will work the way I want, meaning, if someone purchases the 'Starter - social media' subscription, will this trigger act accordingly.

I'd greatly appreciate your help :)

icon

Best answer by Nathan Sudds 5 September 2023, 01:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +4

@socialy I believe you are on the right track with the Created Subscription option although it’s strange that it’s not showing if that’s a Stripe trigger. 

I would recommend exactly what you were thinking to define the subscription so that you can setup different emails or change the wording based on the subscription etc using the dynamic fields related to Stripe as well.   

Hope this helps!

@Nathan Sudds ok. Thank you very much for your help! 😊