Answered

Article Audience Targeting Redirect Issues?

• 15 May 2023
  • 2 replies

I am using Audience Targeting for my articles so that only our users can see the step-by-step guides. 

If there are no articles visible to visitors and leads, and the users are not signed in the Help Center home page will provide a standard message that says “Empty Help Center This Help Center doesn’t have any articles or collections in it yet” 

If they are instead directed to a specific article, the message tells them to log in to view, but doesn’t redirect them back to the page they were trying to view. 

This seems like a confusing user experience - how are others using Audience Targeting to show articles to only users?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 23 May 2023, 03:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Kayla Galli Racheal from the support engineer team here👋 

It looks like you were chatting with my teammate Paul about this, but I’ll add his reply here for future viewers! When a logged out user tries to access a private article, we only have the ability to redirect them to your login URL. Any redirects once the user is logged in on your domain would have to be handled on your end. I can see on my end that Paul has also flagged your feedback with the team here on this not being the best user experience, hopefully we’ll have some more customization options in this space in the future!

Thanks, Racheal! I understand that this is a product feature request. Just looking for any creative workarounds that other Intercom users are leveraging to help bridge the gap.

Right now I have a public article that just says “To view support articles, make sure you are logged in to the app.” Then two buttons, one to log into the app and one that navigates them back to the help site home. Wondering if anyone else has come up with something different that’s working well for them.