Answered

Continue a numbered list

• 26 May 2023
  • 2 replies

Is there any way to continue a numbered list in an article if you need to insert a screenshot or a callout in the middle of the list. The numbering always returns to 1. I have resorted to actually having to type in numbering which is obviously not a great way to maintain documentation. 

icon

Best answer by Paul M11 30 May 2023, 13:44

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 1

Hey there Andrea 👋 

Paul here from Intercom Support!

There isn't currently a way to insert an image between list items, however, what you could do is remove the list formatting (by backspacing) and write out the numbers/bullets manually. Then you'll be able to insert images between the lines.

That said, our product team is exploring expanding the article editor's capabilities, so I'll let them know this is a feature you're interested in! 

We have no issues inserting images inbetween numbered lists or bullet points. I just either write out the lists, then insert inbetween the lines. I use Shift + Enter for added spacing which can prevent a new numbered line from being created by accident.

See below an example:

However, the ability to insert a callout in lists we’re unable to do either and would have to use Paul’s work around.