Answered

I am getting 403 errors in semrush

Hello

When I audit my help center site with custom domain, I am getting too much 403 errors.

I guessed it was robots.txt issues.

But I couldn’t edit robots.txt in my help site in intercom.

How can I edit robots.txt? or how can I fix these 403 issues?

Please help me.

Thanks.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 13 May 2023, 22:12

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @ozdav97 !

I’m not fully understanding the situation that you’re running into. I don’t know what you mean when you reference ‘robots.txt’. You’ll need to supply more clarifying information around what you’re trying to do and what you’re seeing.

My one thought based on your message above is that those 403 errors mean that you don’t have access to the Articles. Do you know if you have Audience Targeting on for those Articles? If you do, then this might be the result of trying to access articles that your Intercom User/Lead/Visitor doesn’t have access to. I would look into that first.

Hi, Jacob

Thanks for your reply.

I added semrush.com screenshot.

As you can see, I am getting a lot of 403 errors from help.chain.ccom which supported by intercom.

I have no idea how to fix this issue.

Can you please take a look and give me an advice?

Thanks.

Hi @ozdav97 !

I’m not fully understanding the situation that you’re running into. I don’t know what you mean when you reference ‘robots.txt’. You’ll need to supply more clarifying information around what you’re trying to do and what you’re seeing.

My one thought based on your message above is that those 403 errors mean that you don’t have access to the Articles. Do you know if you have Audience Targeting on for those Articles? If you do, then this might be the result of trying to access articles that your Intercom User/Lead/Visitor doesn’t have access to. I would look into that first.

Hi, Jacob

Can you please give me advice?

Hi, 

We have similar issues with the Help Center. Crawl activity has dropped down significantly since last week. The /robots.txt file can’t be accessed directly. 

Custom Domain settings look good an the actual Help Center looks fine on the custom domain. The Help Center isn’t new, it was created 5 years ago. 

Hi @ozdav97 !

It means that KB articles are no longer appearing in search results if you Google them. This needs fixing, please share an update soon.