Skip to main content

Hi all!

I would like to have my forwarded emails appear as users and not leads. Is this possible? At the moment all contacts that are created from forward emails appear as leads. Any help in this issue would be greatly appreciated.

Hey @curtis 👋 Jacques here from Support Engineering.

This issue could be due to the how you are forwarding your emails to Intercom. If you're using Google Groups for forwarding, messages from domains with strict DMARC policies, like Yahoo and AOL, will be grouped under one user/lead with the email address you're forwarding to Intercom. This is because Intercom identifies users by the "From" address on the inbound email, not the "Reply To" address.

To resolve this issue, you could consider using another method for forwarding emails, such as User-Level Routing, which is recommended over Google Groups to avoid this problem. This method ensures that the original sender's email address is preserved, and they are correctly identified as users in Intercom.

Hope this helps!

howdy @Jacques Reynolds 🤠 thanks for info, i'll give your suggestion a try and see if it helps.