Answered

Exporting Intercom Conversations in JSON to Amazon S3

• 17 April 2024
  • 1 reply

If I export my Intercom conversations as JSON to Amazon S3, will the export include all my conversation content (specifically the full text of conversations between my agents and visitors)? Or will it provide the same conversation data that is available on Reports > Data Exports > Tickets > Conversations?

icon

Best answer by bernice 22 April 2024, 16:34

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hi @Nicole Mears 👋  When you export your Intercom conversations as JSON to Amazon S3, it will include the full text of conversations between your agents and visitors. This is because the export will contain all your conversation data, not just the data available in Conversation Reports. To export your conversations data as JSON to Amazon S3, you can use Intercom's Data export feature, which offers options for historical (two-year) exports and periodic (hourly or daily) exports of new and updated conversations data. You can also use the Intercom's Data Export API.

If you need to export conversation content in bulk without using Amazon S3, you can use the Intercom's Conversations API to extract full conversations by listing the conversations and then using GET for individual conversation IDs.