Skip to main content
Answered

Can posts be added to a news feed?

• 4 June 2024
  • 1 reply

When I release a new version of my app,  I want it to go out as an announcement. The Post feature allows me to send it out as a popup to all of my users, but I also want to add the post to my news feed. How can I do this? 

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +4

Hey @Colton Carnevale! So Posts can’t be added to a News feed, buuut you can add News items to your Posts ✨

To add a post to the news feed in Intercom, you should first ensure that the news item is created and then add it to a newsfeed. Here's how you can do it:

1. Navigate to Proactive Support from the main menu and click the "+" button followed by "New message."

2. Choose "News item" as your content type.

3. Upload a feature image, add a title, and create your content in the News editor.

4. Select a teammate as the sender of the announcement.

5. Assign your News Item to the relevant Newsfeeds to target specific audiences. You can select one or multiple Newsfeeds which you have previously set up.

6. Add one or more labels to the News Item.

7. Enable the Reaction reply type to allow customers to express their reactions.

8. Add a badge on the Messenger Launcher to draw more attention to your news announcement.

You can manage and create targeted Newsfeeds for specific audiences in the Proactive Support > Settings > News feeds section. After creating your News Item, you can schedule when this News can start or stop showing in the Messenger. When creating content, you can use various elements like images, tables, buttons, dividers, videos, files, HTML code, emojis, bulleted lists, and numbered lists to make your post engaging.

You'll find more on this in this article from our Help Center ⬇️

Using News with other Proactive Support messages