Answered

Is there any fix for Transactional Emails for Unsubscribed? Needed for Password reset.

• 22 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I moved all of our transactional emails to intercom, but it’s a real issue that we can’t use a workaround for people who need to reset password if they have unsubscribed.

icon

Best answer by Shauna 26 May 2023, 15:20

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +5

I wouldn’t suggest using Intercom to send transactional emails like resetting password etc. We use a different service for those mails. We are currently sending out mails regarding a price increase and I was also worried about unsubscribed users not getting the info. Fortunately, until now we have at least one person per company that received the message.

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Erin K 👋🏼  Shauna here from Support! 

In your case, regarding ‘Password Reset Emails’ - it might be best to have set up “subscription types” e.g. ‘marketing emails’ etc. then your customers when ‘unsubscribing’, can choose the ‘email group’ they want to unsubscribe from. 

More information on this in the article here ➡️ https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/5181083-manage-multiple-email-lists-with-granular-subscriptions

I hope this helps 🙏🏼

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

Thanks @shaun! I do have that set up but it doesn’t really help me for customers that unsubscribed in the past unfortunately.