Answered

Android SDK ANR on initialize

• 14 August 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge

Hi, we’re running into an issue with ANRs on our application stemming from the initialize call on the Intercom SDK.

We are currently using 15.1.4 of the Android SDK with the following code used for initialization:

Intercom.initialize(
application,
apiKey,
appId
)

The following is the stacktrace we’re seeing in Firebase for a number of our users:

io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getMetricTracker (Injector.java:255)
io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getOverlayPresenter (Injector.java:279)
io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getResetManager (Injector.java:333)
io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.getLifecycleTracker (Injector.java:311)
io.intercom.android.sdk.Injector.initWithAppCredentials (Injector.java:135)
io.intercom.android.sdk.Intercom$Companion.create (Intercom.kt:1092)
io.intercom.android.sdk.Intercom$Companion.initialize (Intercom.kt:1005)
com.<redacted>.android.util.IntercomUtil.initialize (IntercomUtil.kt:38)

When looking at the releases, we’re currently 2 patch versions behind but the release notes don’t indicate that the ANR has been resolved so I wanted to understand if this issue has been resolved or if it hasn’t been, if there is an ETA for when it would be resolved?
icon

Best answer by cameron.gumley 17 August 2023, 02:10

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Engineering! Cam from the Support Engineering team here. 

I can see you’ve started a chat with us over in Messenger and sent through some additional details on this issue - I’ve picked up the conversation and will get back to you on this there if thats ok?

@cameron.gumley 
I have a similar problem.
Inntercom SDK version 15.1.0. 
Firebase Boom version 32.2.3

Did you somehow manage to fix this?

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Hi @Serhiy WiFiMap

I believe you’ve already updated the Intercom iOS SDK being used by your app, which has hopefully resolved this issue, but posting an answer to your question for completeness in case other community members see the same issue:

Our team released a fix for this IntercomSDK_IntercomNexusSocket resetConnectionTimeout issue on iOS which has been implemented in the Intercom iOS SDK from version 15.1.5 onwards 👍

That being said, our team is still working on this issue in relation to the Intercom Android SDK. When there is a fix released I will provide an update.