Answered

Using Custom Objects in Resolution bot responses

• 31 March 2023
  • 4 replies

I am trying to create a simple resolution bot to answer a question about a user’s account details. I have setup it up as the custom object, added all necessary attributes. I was able to create as well the custom action to retrieve the data from our servers. The problem is I can’t seem to use the data/custom objects as a response of the resolution bot. I can’t find the option to insert it as indicated below, just like the Account_Number. Any tips on how to do this?

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 19 April 2023, 18:24

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @joven.repetillo have you created “accountBalance” as a custom attribute and mapped it to a conversation? 

See this: https://www.intercom.com/help/en/articles/6298282-setting-up-a-custom-action#:~:text=Response%20mapping%20the%20stored%20data

I am not sure what you mean by mapped it to a conversation. However, I have followed everything that on your suggested article and still can’t use it.

Userlevel 3
Badge +2

Hi @Milan I was wondering if you can further help on that 🙌

Userlevel 2

Hey @joven.repetillo! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

To expand on Milan’s point - you would need to create an attribute within your custom object to then relate to the conversation to be able to serve reply buttons. You’ll likely want many objects to be related to just one conversation. You can read our revamped article for using buttons in a custom bot here - please let me know if it helps!