Skip to main content

I would like for it to be easier to add or customize survey questions at the end of conversations. Today you can ask the CSAT question and get open-ended feedback and that’s it. You can also use proactive support to send additional surveys but that requires additional steps. I would really like to be able to add to the flow additional questions to ask after the CSAT question. For instance, a flow of CSAT question>Issue Resolution question>open-ended feedback.

Hey @Nate E. 👋

You can customise survey questions following a CSAT question by creating a Workflow in Intercom. Here's how you can set it up:

• Start by creating a new Workflow from scratch and select the trigger type "Teammate changes the conversation state" to "Closed".

• Add the first action to ask for a conversation rating (CSAT question).

• Enable the toggle to ensure the Workflow waits for the customer to give a rating before proceeding.

• After the CSAT question, you can add branches to your Workflow to ask additional questions based on the rating received. For example, if the customer rates the conversation poorly, you can direct them to a path where they are asked an Issue Resolution question.

• You can then add another action to collect open-ended feedback from the customer.

• Once you've set up your branches and questions, save your Workflow and set it live.

This process allows you to create a flow of questions after the initial CSAT, such as a CSAT question followed by an Issue Resolution question, and then open-ended feedback, as per your requirement.

This was so helpful thanks! I did notice, though, that it cannot be added as an option to the email flow. Is this something that could be considered for the future?