Answered

Start a Conversation - Email Only

• 28 April 2023
  • 2 replies

My team sometimes starts a conversation to send an outbound email to a client to follow-up. When doing so, multiple iterations of the contact will show up sometimes when typing in the email address. Some iterations will only send a chat and others will send an email. If the outbound message goes out as a chat, the client will only see if they log back into our site and the chat pops up. The email after 3 minutes does not trigger.Ā 

Is there any way to prevent this from happening? Either by disabling the ability to start a new conversation through chat, or to trigger the outbound chat to go to their email?Ā 

icon

Best answer by Shauna 28 April 2023, 16:18

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @Laura DĀ šŸ‘‹šŸ¼Ā  Shauna here from Intercom Support!Ā 

Thereā€™s no specific way to ā€˜prevent thisā€™ - youā€™d need to make sure that when you or your teammates are creating a new conversation with that customer, that you check itā€™s set to ā€˜Emailā€™ šŸ‘‡šŸ¼

Iā€™ll flag it with the Product team as a feature request about potentially setting a ā€˜defaultā€™ mode for this or something similarĀ šŸš€ Share any feedback that youā€™d want me to pass along to the team for you on this!Ā 

Thank you Shauna! Even though there isnā€™t a way to do this, I appreciate knowing that it is the case and for your quick response.Ā