Answered

Workspace Functionality for Sensitive Data

• 18 April 2023
  • 1 reply

We currently have a use case where certain data that comes into our Intercom Workspace via a single channel (ie a certain email address forward) needs to be kept secure/ private.  These tickets specifically relate to financial customer information and simply need to be routed to a single user in our Workspace for triage.  No other user should be able to see the information in these tickets, only generic stats.  In addition, this User is often assigned tickets within our Workspace from other users and/or via chat with answers to more benign questions like how can I access my bill, can you send me a W9, etc?

What is the best way to set up this flow/ user?  Do we need an additional workspace or can we achieve the above in our current workspace?

icon

Best answer by Racheal 27 April 2023, 23:16

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey @Golf Genius Accounting Racheal from the support engineer team here👋

Just to clarify, when you say no other user should see the information, you are referencing teammate’s here correct? If so, I think the way to go here would be to set up inbox routing to catch all of these conversations. you can route based on email forwarding by using the Email to field, like so:

Then you can limit teammates to not have access to this specific inbox:

Let me know what you think!