Answered

Install intercom through Google Tag Manager > array of companies

• 30 March 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi Everyone,

We use Google Tag Manager to implement intercom, via Intercoms own tag template. I’m kinda confused how I should push an array of multiple companies to intercom via tag manager and our dataLayer.

Could somebody elaborate on how to get this working? 

The issue i’m facing is that we don’t know howmany companies a user has on beforehand and the template only allows to send 1 variable to intercom. Or perhaps I’m wrong and there’s another way?

Kind regards

icon

Best answer by Daniel M15 3 April 2023, 18:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 2

Hey @Lodewijk! Daniel from Customer Support Engineering here 🔧 

It isn’t possible to pass multiple companies when logging a user in. “Company” in this context specifically refers to the company that the user is currently active in. So if a user logs in with company one, and you send them a message with the company name inserted, it will show company one’s name in the message. The next time they log in, they may log in with a different company, and the sent message would contain the second company’s name. You can add a user to as many companies as you like, and you can manually associate a user with a company via our API too, if needed. For now, I think you would be okay to just log the user in to the company that they initially sign up with, and then register them with any new companies down the line by passing in a new company ID.

Hope this helps!