Answered

How do I merge leads and users? Having great difficulty doing this.

• 14 October 2022
  • 2 replies

Hey y'all,

I'm trying to merge leads into users but have difficulty getting this done. Here is my use case.

I run an E-Commerce store; when customers check out, they do not always create an account or sign into an account to make a purchase. This is a guest purchase. But I want to ensure our support team can still have all their past information on hand.

The way we have it set up now is through Zapier. When an order is created from WooCommerce, a user is created. This means that I now have a user with all the attributes of Name, Email and Phone.

But at the same time this customer most probably has spoken to us through the messenger as well. Meaning we have a duplicated record. Our leads tend to have their Name, Email and Phone too.

When a Lead makes a purchase, they should ideally be merged into the User. How can I get it done? Zapier doesn't have the function to convert a lead to a user, nor does it have a merge lead to user.

I saw on the forum that Make, formerly known as Integromat could do this. But when I tried setting it up, I was unable to do it as well. Maybe I was not setting it up right.

Does anyone have any clue on how to get this done? I would love to run series but I can imagine our customers will get frustrated by receiving email newsletters twice, or receiving emails when they are in reality no longer leads but purchasing customers.

icon

Best answer by Shauna 17 October 2022, 15:34

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +4

Hey @user1329​ 👋🏼

Shauna here from Intercom! There's a detailed explanation on how to merge a lead with a user here by one of our customers 👇🏼

https://forum.intercom.com/s/feed/0D52G00004WxWNPSA3/p>

@roy s11​  explains that there are 3 different ways you can try to merge the lead with a user!

Hope this helps 🤩

I came across a plugin that I believe could be a great addition to your WooCommerce store. It's called "Intercom Integration for WooCommerce," and it's available at https://woocommerce.opmc.com.au/product/intercom-integration-for-woocommerce/.