Answered

Inquiry about Disabling Replies in Intercom Platform

• 22 November 2023
  • 1 reply

Hi there,

I hope this message finds you well. I've been using the Intercom platform for managing my conversations, and I'm wondering if there's a way to disable replies in the chat if the conversation didn't originate within the Intercom platform.

I have a specific endpoint configured for receiving replies, and I'd like to ensure that replies are only sent to this endpoint.
E.g. This chat didn't start in the intercom platform, but once I replied, it sends in a new chat.

If anyone has experience with this or knows of a solution, I would greatly appreciate your insights and guidance. Please share any tips, best practices, or relevant documentation that might help me achieve this.

Thank you in advance for your assistance!

Best regards,

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 26 November 2023, 23:50

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hi @Iuri Guedes Emer !

There isn’t a way to disable replies to a conversation based on where it started. You can, however, prevent the Messenger from loading on specific pages if you want by not installing Intercom on those pages or by specifically setting up rules for which URL the Messenger should appear on in the Messenger Settings Menu. That would prevent people from sending you messages on pages that you don’t want them to.

Can I ask what your use case is here?