Answered

Has anyone integrated Zoom Phone dialer within Intercom?

• 11 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Hi There,

We have just moved across to Zoom Phone for outbound calling and we do occasional outbound calls to customers and want to do it from within Intercom. Has anyone successfully use the Zoom Phone Smart Embed app to build a simple embedded dialer within Intercom?

Or any other way to make it possible to call from within Intercom using Zoom Phone would work as well of course. 

Unfortunately Intercom cannot store the tel: string in the phone number attribute, which is pretty strange!! Or even better it should automatically add it to all phone attributes, then you could use any dialer of choice.

Thanks,

Jens

icon

Best answer by Tanner Elvidge 11 May 2023, 14:17

View original

3 replies

Hey Jens,

Tanner here, a PM on the team at Intercom. We have a product in beta right now called Intercom Calling that sounds like it’d be well suited for this use case, all integrated right within Intercom! 

You can check it out by going to Settings → Calling (beta) in your workspace. 

We’re actively developing the beta so we’d love to know any feedback you have about if it’d be suitable for you.

Cheers,

Tanner

Hi Tanner,

I have already tried that one and there are currently too many limitations with that solution. When those are resolved, we will absolutely look at moving across to Calling. From what i heard from support, there are no plans to resolve these in the near future or at the official release.

• Only one number per workspace - I need one outbound number per country we are located in
  • Limitations to UK, US and Canada - We are based in Europeans countries atm
  • No information about what will happen with return/inbound calls to the local number
    • We need some kind of IVR, recorded information messages in multi language, extension options per user

Thanks,

Jens

a very simple solution for you would be to add the “tel:” attribute to all telephone numbers in Intercom. Then by clicking a visible telephone number in Intercom, it would automatically open whatever tool the user has selected to “connect” with the tel: action.

Very much what you see here below,

tel:+46123456789