Skip to main content

Is there a way to include a lead’s company name and email address in messages sent to Slack via the Slack integration and Intercom workflows? The old (deprecated) Intercom Convert Slack integration did that, and we are now replacing that with the current Slack app/integration, but we need to retain that functionality. Thanks!

Hi @Foureyes, It’s Mat from the Support Engineering Team 😀

Unfortunately current Slack integration does not support such functionality. 

You might need to create a third party automation (using for example Zapier) to send such notifications to your Slack channel

Thanks @mateusz.leszkiewicz. I did explore the Zapier option, and unfortunately it looks like it can only pull a limited set of fields from the “Conversation” object in Intercom, and none from the “Leads” object, which I think is what I would need here. Please do consider this to be a “feature request.” We obviously don’t want to continue using a deprecated integration, but we have no choice until the current integration supports this.

@Foureyes I understand you completely.

Did you know that you can also check if this feature has been recorded on our Product Wishlist in our Community? You can search and upvote existing requests or create new requests 🙌 Check out the quick guide on how the Product Wishlist works here. Note that you must be logged into the Intercom Community to access the Wishlist. You can log in with SSO or log in as a guest at the top right of the page.