Answered

Is there a way to Identify which bot drove a lead/opp within Salesforce?

• 4 May 2023
  • 1 reply

I need help attributing which custom bots / series drove salesforce leads/opps to measure full funnel performance. I know you are able to update lead source but we are unable to change that field to be anything beyond “chat” as it will break out full-funnel attribution dashboards.

In an ideal state  - I’d like to map a conversation attribute (that would be unique at the bot level) which we would sync into the lead-source detail within Salesforce. I’ve tried this, but it does not appear its possible to map conversation attributes at this time.

Would appreciate any ideas as to how we can track this with these limitations.

icon

Best answer by Jacob Cox 13 May 2023, 22:05

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 4
Badge +5

Hey there @Max S !

When you have your Bots set up to automatically create Leads, you can provide the name of the Bot that created it in your Bot flow. The screenshot below shows where you can add that information. 

Is this the part that you are saying you’re system only allows you to add the phrase ‘Chat’ to because otherwise you’ll break things?

If so, then I think you could add a Custom Action into the Bot instead, after a Lead is created. That Custom Action could make a call to the Salesforce API and update the value of a Salesforce attribute with the name of the Bot that created the Lead.

Does that seem like a viable alternative?